Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank You


I asked Ms. Muse if she was ever thankful. She stated that required someone to whom she could say thank you. I asked her if she was happy. She thought about it for a minute and she stated that required examining her thoughts and she didn't have time. I asked Ms. Muse if she felted joy? "Constantly," was her reply. But then she stated she understood failure, incompleteness and disappointment also.

"Well then, if you can feel all those emotions, you could probably feel thankfulness."

"Hmm," she thought about it, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "thank you!"

This time, for all her stinginess, I felt rather smug and it was not what I was expecting.

No comments:

About Me

Artist Statement: As an alternative sugar artist, it is my intent to surprise and delight my audience with sculptures that depart from everyday boundaries, thus creating rich dialogue around objects of edible art.