Monday, July 30, 2007

Instead of Playing Games - Locked Away on a Lovely Weekend




Ms. Muse came to visit early Saturday morning and did not leave until Sunday evening. Having company that long tends to tire me out, but she did help in the studio and not make me do all of it by myself so I was not alone in my creation marathon. We created two rather intricate but very different pieces.

Originally she had planned to spend only Saturday with me and to go swimming, but we got to talking about the success of the Rose De Toilet Spray Atomizer and started discussing a new technique for the Smocked Cake. Then we stayed up late on Saturday just talking about my need to create a doll again. This would be my fourth. Ms. Muse mentioned a ragdoll design so……into the studio we went on Sunday morning.

We finished both of them, but I am rather pooped out and we never got to the lake to swim, which was the original reason she came over to my studio in the first place!

2 comments:

Lorraine Duffy said...

So original...so creative, just wonderful.

Breathe'n'Evoke said...

God! It smashes! I wonder how come you got such idea! This is what I call "art"!

Please never stop creating like this! So creative as aine2 said and so perfect at same time! I mean, I don't know if it is easy to work with sugar!

Uhm... Does your art live long? Or you don't resist to bit? Hehe

About Me

Artist Statement: As an alternative sugar artist, it is my intent to surprise and delight my audience with sculptures that depart from everyday boundaries, thus creating rich dialogue around objects of edible art.