Monday, June 25, 2007

It's Finished




The tulip piece is complete. It is called Ode to Mapplethorpe or It’s All Just Beefcake.

Sometimes I wonder if the end piece of my creation is appropriate or not. Ms. Muse seemed very entertained by the tulip piece, but I am less then please in the end. However, the sculpture has been submitted and I did all I could do and that is enough.

Ms. Muse had the right idea, but sometimes she is so literal that I think she takes the fun right out of discovering something new through the peeling back of many layers and revealing its soul. She is only concerned about the conception of the idea. Maybe, though, a one dimensional fun piece can be enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

About Me

Artist Statement: As an alternative sugar artist, it is my intent to surprise and delight my audience with sculptures that depart from everyday boundaries, thus creating rich dialogue around objects of edible art.