Friday, May 11, 2007

The Beginning of the American Melting Pot Sugar Sculpture

The stand has been purchased! It is not what I had envisioned but sometimes these little surprises turn into happy compromises.

Last evening I went into my creative zone. It is an intense time where what is happening around me does not matter and the only thing I see is my vision.

Lady Liberty part of the "American element" and the wall were created and are now drying. They are at the ugly stage of conception for The American Melting Pot sculpture. This is the point in the creative birth process that I hold onto my faith and vision tightly, because if I don’t I will abandoned the piece, usually the next day when I look at it with fresh eyes. Hopefully my very ugly, bald headed, toothless, drooling, rubbery infant creation will start to emerge as a butterfly.

My next sequence will be to paint it and then start creating the other visual elements as the "melting element" to the piece.

No comments:

About Me

Artist Statement: As an alternative sugar artist, it is my intent to surprise and delight my audience with sculptures that depart from everyday boundaries, thus creating rich dialogue around objects of edible art.